Thursday, March 14, 2013

Halfway

Half way through the tour, and I've yet to write any of this down. The blog dialogue is always there in my head, but I don't always get it out. Last night was great, we played two shows. The first one was great. We showed up at the bar, and found an old dusty wonderland, with books on bookshelves lining the walls, and a stage that had been beaten down and worn by many brethren before us. We did what do, and it was well received. You know you are on the right path when you hear someone you've never met in the crowd say between songs, "that was a life changer!". One of my favorite moments towards the end of our set, when we are pouring out the last of what we have to give, I look out and see Nalani towering out in the crowd by the bar singing open our eyes, and I feel like we are totally immersed in this audience, baring it all and bringing it home.

Heading out into the country to our final destination of the evening, we joke that we are headed into a horror movie. We pass a sign that says "dead end", and I think yup... We are definitely off the beaten path. Even our guide jokes that he's an axe murderer, and we've been lead to our dooms as we pull up the long drive and see an axe parked in a log by a lonely country home. It ends up being quite the opposite of what we imagined, which is the case with most things in life I think. The place is a giant dome, one big room. A communal residence where nomads can converge, and share in the peace the countryside has to offer. We settle in, and the second show begins. I'm handed a classical guitar and called upon to share a tune, which I gladly accept and do. And in the spirit of community, we pass the guitar around. Nalani plays a few songs beautifully, and I sing the harmonies when I can. Our host shares a few tunes, complete with sing along parts and foot stomping on wooden floors. It's great. Once we're cashed out, everyone crashes in the same room safe and sound.

Morning arrives through giant windows with beautiful sunshine, and we all come to. We graciously thank our hosts, and hit the road. We'll surely be back to this town soon, but now we're headed to the gateway to the Midwest  Meet us there if you can. Love you, love the band. --Nik

No comments:

Post a Comment

ORDER THE TANK CD NOW!!!

Order the CD!
Click Drop-down Menu for Delivery Options