Sunday, March 17, 2013

March 2013 Tour Blog - Day 9 (last day)

Well it is the last day of tour, and I must say I feel pretty damn good. No major pains or injuries. I have felt worse after just one show in the past, that's for sure.

We take to the road early one more time. Had to do a little damage control this morning. Clean up the aftermath of the van mosh, but it didn't take long.

Little bit of a jog today. Around 4 hours to Cedar Rapids. Nothing we can't handle. Seems like we have put a lot of miles on old Veronica.

We stop in Iowa City for some lunch and meet up with Nalani's fiance Dustin. Hit up a couple video game stores and then back in the van to Cedar Rapids.

We get to the venue and load in right on to the stage. We play first, so after a quick sound check, we wait for the people to arrive. We rocked sooo hard. I had a few cable problems but it didn't slow me down. Got a good crowd response and had a great time. It was an early show so we had plenty of time afterwards to stop at our favorite burrito place, Pancheros. It's become quite the tradition to eat there after we play Cedar Rapids.

Now, sitting in the very back seat of the van going back home, I am thinking about all the places we have been.

I am so happy to be writing and performing with everyone in this band. All of us have been doing music for a long time, and I can't speak for everybody, but I couldn't in my wildest dreams put together three other people I would rather be doing this with.

My body is beat and my mind has crashed, but if there was a way to keep going for another week or two, nothing could stop me.

I know I'm going to go back to work Monday and hate my job so much.

Tour End. See ya next time. LYLTB!!! --Cole

No comments:

Post a Comment

ORDER THE TANK CD NOW!!!

Order the CD!
Click Drop-down Menu for Delivery Options