Thursday, November 10, 2011

Tour Blog: Day Six

We wandered into the bar last night,it was easy to spot. The one on the main strip with our name on the marquis. If that doesn't put a smile on your face,then I just don't know what will. It's the middle of the week, and we roll our equipment over the warped wooden floors of a bar that has seen hard times, floods, but has remained and endured it all. I love dirty little river towns, this is just like my home.

Tonight's a celebration, and all our good friends are here. It's the middle of the week, but there is nothing better to do, so why not have a few and listen to some music and rock out. Some are here to say goodbye, and some are here to say hello. Some are just here. Tonight we are all singing along, and getting along fine.

There's nothing like coming up for air after one of our songs, and looking out to a crowd that has their glasses raised and big smiles on their faces. There's cheers, there's singing along,there's everything one needs to have a great show. Some faces familiar, a few are new, all will be remembered after another great night of rocking.

After the show, we spend the evening with some of the coolest people on the planet. I'm never more content than when I am amongst my fellow musicians and artists. We all share a common bond from exposing our raw souls to the world, and having it all out there to be scrutinized by the general masses. But we keep each other going with encouragement, applauding each other along the way.

I'll be sad to leave this place, but I'll get back here soon. It's become a part of my being that I can't do without. Something about growing up in places that have nothing, forces you to make the most of anything and everything. I can identify with everyone in those small musty taverns, and I love serving as a reminder that they don't have to move to some hyped up over glorified hole on a coast to get what they need out of life. It's right here in front of you with six strings and a microphone.


No comments:

Post a Comment

ORDER THE TANK CD NOW!!!

Order the CD!
Click Drop-down Menu for Delivery Options